Re: [SLE] 8.1 up and running ....
  • From: Derek Fountain <fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:10:44 +0100
On Wednesday 02 October 2002 6:32 pm, you wrote:
> > I did an upgrade from 8.0, and it was the first SuSE upgrade I've ever
> > done. I figured it was worth a try. I got about 15 emails pointing to
> > config files which needed attention (or at least a decision on my part),
> > but other than that it went completely smoothly. I was seriously
> > impressed.
>
> I'm about to do my first upgrade too. Any chance you could post the config
> info you got, to help us other newbies?

Er, not sure what you mean by "config info". I ran the upgrade from the CD by
following my nose sort of thing, and when it had finished I switched to root
and was told I had about 20 emails. I read them all, and each described a
configuration file change which Yast couldn't handle unaided. Something along
the lines of "you've changed file xxx, my version is in xxx.suse". I spent
half an hour checking each one by hand, making decisions about what changes
were required. Since then it's worked flawlessly.

So I suppose those emails would be the closest I got to "config info", but
obviously they'll be useless on any other system.

--
8:06am up 1 day, 42 min, 1 user, load average: 0.13, 0.11, 0.09