pure-ftp
  • From: Chris Herrnberger <chris123@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:51:36 -0400
Greetings:

Thanks to list members I was pointed to pure-ftp and currently testing it on a
LAN. I looks really good. There are two issues that however that I cant seem
to grasp:

1. File permissions:
For internal reasons I need the uploads files to have permissions of 754 or
744. Now 'pure' provides a default umask <file>:<dir> of 133:022 I must
confess I am not familiar with this notation yet. So how do I set the umask
variable to have an upload file permission of 754 or 744.

2. Login procedure:
Using passive or not, the log in seems unecessarily long (PAM or standard
unix) with no changes in time when changing variables listed. Its ok just
wondering that all.

Comments would be appreciated.

Many thanks

/ch