Re: distro distribution service
  • From: Brian Marr <cabernet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 08:40:47 +0930
Suse treats this matter a bit differently. They do allow free downloads of
their latest release but only after two months or so. The Suse list does not
think highly of people wanting to download the most recent release. They are
freeloaders. People are encouraged to buy the package and support Linux
developement. I guess it is a matter of $ and survival et al Mandrake.
Brian Marr

On Thursday 03 October 2002 08:27, Matthew Western wrote:
> Karun seems to have disappeared. His web site was
> http://www.karun.lorikeet.id.au but that's no longer there. we got a bunch
> from him. very good service. just about every distro & version for $75 -
> about 25 discs.
> Prolly he got sick of sticking CDs in his burner. :)
>
> I personally think that the distro's themselves should get their marketing
> act together and at least have a contact in australia that distributes CDs
> and the profits go back to the programmers for more of the good stuff.
> places like everythinglinux.com.au etc are quick which is good, but at the
> end of the day it doesn't really help redhat/mandrake financially.
>
> anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

< Previous Next >