Kernel tuning
  • From: Michael Grau <m.grau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 14:06:36 -0500
Hello.

Does someone have a recommendation for tuning Suse for a web server
using sysctl.conf and/or other recommendations?

I ask because I have an Apache +SSL +Mailman +PERL +PHP server
that stops serving PHP pages every hour or two. An apache restart
temporarily fixes the problem, but soon no PHP again. I'm guessing
this is because I'm running out of file descriptors.
file-max, threads-max, inode-max? and other parameter suggestions
appreciated!

Suse 8.0, 2.4.18-4GB
Apache/1.3.23
PHP 4.1.0