Re: [SLE] bcm5700.o certified SuSE SMP driver issue
  • From: Christopher Mahmood <ckm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:34:59 -0700
* Johnathan Bailes (johnathan.bailes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [021002 07:20]:
> No conflicts but I have an update. If I take down two of the three
> machines on the switch that are experiencing packet loss the third
> machine that I left up acts just fine.

Thn this is probably just the case of the switch not being able to
handle the amount of traffic you are throwing at it. That's not
surprising I guess if you are saturating four 1000bT links.

> However, if I bring up one of the other two boxes I get the same packet
> loss. Like I said before, a sun box with a Sun Gigabit card performs
> fine no matter what.

No idea about the Sun since you haven't said how you are measuring
this--the switch might be giving priority to the port, might be
difference in how packet loss is measured. Others have suggested
seeing if ECN is being used by the Sun.

--

-ckm

< Previous Next >