Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.1 at retail?
  • From: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:25:35 -0400

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 13:10, Nick Zentena wrote:
> On October 2, 2002 12:52 pm, Kevin McLauchlan wrote:
> > Does anybody know when 8.1 is expected in eastern
> > Ontario, Canada?
> >
> > Which retailers are carrying it?
>
> Don't know about Eastern Ontario but the Best buy here
> in Toronto had 8.0 in stock when it opened last week. I
> didn't ask about the new version. Maybe Future shop will
> carry it.

Well, that was a planning boo-boo. I hope they didn't have
a big stock. When it doesn't sell, that would discourage
them from stocking future versions. Maybe SuSE ought to
offer them a reduction on 8.1 for every copy of 8.0 they
still have (only that one store, because it just opened).

Local Future Shop knows nothing, so far. Local BestBuy
has been constructed, but stands empty until next year,
cuz they've decided to concentrate on Toronto area.

Does anybody know of a Canadian retailer that will
sell SuSE via the web? Google has not found anything, yet.

/kevin (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, eh?)