RE: [SLE] SuSE 8.0 freeze after some time
  • From: "Pär Högberg/Elicon" <per.hogberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:04:28 +0200
Hi

> Is your computer using Advanced Power Management? (APM)

I don't think so, the BIOS don't support APM.

> Has all the indications of overheating. A cron job or something is
starting
> which makes demands of the system and the thing gets too hot. Take the
side
> of the case off and point a desk fan into it. If the problem goes away,
you
> need better cooling.

I don't think.
All cron jobs are executed at xxx.59 (acordning to the logs).
the computer freeze at any time, last time at 16.41 yesterday.

by the way, I dont have any case at all.

> Notice when the computer freezes, and check if you can find any error
messages
> in /var/log/messages related to that time. That might help you locate
the
> cause of the problem.

Nothing in "messages" the last 1/2 hour or so.

> looks like a common problem of the 2.4.18 (s8) and also 2.4.19 (s8.1)
kernel -
> got the same problem here and we're not alone ;-) .. try 2.4.18 from
suseftp
> update/8.0/lsb (something like this) ...

I tried that "2.4.18-SuSE"
But i the computer freeze after 8 hours (again)

More ideas ?

Pär Högberg
< Previous Next >