Cannot start KDE after YOU update last night
I vaguely remember this problem being discussed earlier this year ...

I ran YOU & apt-get upgrade successfully last night but since then I have
not been
able to start a KDE session.

Other desktop environments appear to start ok (Gnome, XFCE, Enlightenment)
but the
default & KDE sessions just restart the Xserver.

I have removed all /tmp/kde* files & directories and all symbolic links from
~/.kde/ -
is there more to be done in this sequence - or do I need to restore certain
files that
have been overwritten by the update

--
Regards,
Sylvanus A. Currie

Twist it, stomp it, bounce it, shake it
'Cos you know the vibe is what you make it

|* This message has been sent from the British Energy Group.
|*
|* British Energy plc
|*
|* Registered Office:-
|* 3 Redwood Crescent,
|* Peel Park
|* East Kilbride
|* G74 5PR
|* United Kingdom
|*
|* Registered in Scotland (Number 162273).
|*
|* This email message and any attachments are confidential
|* and are intended for the use of the addressee only. If you
|* are not the addressee you should not copy or use them for
|* any purpose, nor disclose their contents to anyone else.
|* If you believe you have received this email by mistake please
|* notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (0)1452 653113.

British Energy believes the UK's best option is to continue to generate 25% of the country's electricity
from Nuclear Power. To find out more, look at the arguments on www.theenergyreview.com.