Re: [SLE] SuSe Firewalling and protecting against hackers
  • From: zentara <zentara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:16:40 -0400
On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:27:17 +0700
PUTH CHAN CHOTH <choth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I do what I said and then I fire the following command:
> $ /sbin/SuSEfirewall start
> and it says:
> The firewall script needs to know the external (internet) interface!
> SuSEfirewall: clearing rules now ... done

Are you using SuSEfirewall2? Your firewall.rc.config looks like a
firewall2 config, yet you are talking about ipchains instead of iptables.
Maybe you should switch to SuSEfirewall2? You will probably get
more help from the list, as it is what almost everyone is using now.
I'm using 7.2 currently and SuSEfirewall2 works on it with a 2.4xx kernel.

--
use Perl; #powerful programmable prestidigitation

< Previous Next >