Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.1 Pro (Update) just arrived in UK
  • From: Kevin.Lisciotti@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:53:46 -0400
Thanks! Did you have any luck with getting encryption going? On my current
SuSE 8.0 laptop install, I couldn't get 40 bit to work and had to run
without WEP.

**************************
Kevin Lisciotti, CISSP
IT Audit - FRB Boston
617-973-3039
**************************

Anthony Moulen <ajmoulen@xxxxxxxxxx>
10/01/2002 08:49 AM

To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
cc:
Subject: Re: [SLE] SuSE 8.1 Pro (Update) just arrived in UK

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 08:31 am, Kevin.Lisciotti@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> How about posting a review once you get it installed. I'm interested to
> know what kind of progress SuSE has made in the Wireless configuration
> area ;)

I have 8.1 installed now with wireless. They did a better job but still
not a
great job. It doesn't accept the DHCP options in your networking scripts
so
you have to copy the DHCP options from the dhcp configuation (in
/etc/sysconfig/network) into your ifcfg-pcmcia-0 (assuming you are on a
laptop with a pcmcia wireless card). Once you do this it works well.