Re: [SLE] DNS server
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:33:32 +0300
* Chris Roubekas; <croubekas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on 01 Oct, 2002 wrote:
I have been trying to get Firewall2 up and running. I cannot ping
any addresses from the LAN PCs to the internet. I checked the output
of SuSEfirewall2 and it says that WARNING: Found Named running,
trying to execute DNS but there is no DNS server currently running.
Can someone please tell me how can I tell if DNS is running on my
Linux-Box? How can I get named to stop executing? >

as user root rcnamed status will show you if named is running or not

and pls wrap your lines to 72 makes reading easier (meaning makes
temptation to reply higher also)
--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer