Talking clock and background symmetry
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 06:08:59 -0400
There were a few nice features of the old KDE 1 which seem to have fallen away
in the latter version. Does anybody recall the talking clock? I actually
liked that. My system beeps everytime I get an email, and every time I get a
font fault in Mathematica, and for lots of other reasons. A beep on the hour
is just another beep to me. Is that talking clock feature still around?

Another feature was the ability to display the background antisymmetrically
about the vertical and horizontal axes. I don't believe we still have that
in the recent KDE do we?

STH