Re: [SLE] DHCP host name?
  • From: "Joe & Sesil Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:18:32 +0800

I want my linux clients to setup their host names from a dhcp server. The IP-numbers works fine but the host name is always set to "linux".

Using Yast2 I have in the "Host name and DNS" module checked the "Change host name via DHCP". This I believe sets the variable DHCLIENT_SET_HOSTNAME=yes in the file /etc/sysconfig/network/dhcp. But nothing seemingly takes notice of that since host name still is "linux".

Does your DHCP server SEND a hostname to the clients. dhclient can't set the hostname unless it is actually sent.

--
Joe & Sesil Morris
New Tribes Mission