Re: [SLE] DHCP host name?
  • From: Claude Thibeault <claude.thibeault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:34:10 -0400
Hi

In your file /etc/dhcpd.conf did you set the following?

group {
use-host-decl-names on;

host little-blaine {
hardware ethernet 00:04:5A:63:0A:EB;
fixed-address 192.168.1.101;
}
}

good luck

Claude

andersn@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi.

I want my linux clients to setup their host names from a dhcp server. The IP-numbers works fine but the host name is always set to "linux".

Using Yast2 I have in the "Host name and DNS" module checked the "Change host name via DHCP". This I believe sets the variable DHCLIENT_SET_HOSTNAME=yes in the file /etc/sysconfig/network/dhcp. But nothing seemingly takes notice of that since host name still is "linux".

The script /etc/init.d/boot.localnet sets host name to whatever is found in the file /etc/HOSTNAME, which currently is "linux.local". However I expected the DHCP setup to override this.

What am I missing here?

The clients are running SuSE 8.0.

/Anders

< Previous Next >