Upgrade Suse 7.2 to 8.0
  • From: "MNaser" <mnaser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:06:53 -0700
Hello all,

I'm running Suse 7.2 and some day I'll need to upgrade to 8.x . I have been
looking at the
mail list for informations and I'm getting mixed messages. I'm looking for
detail documentation
preferable from Suse shows all pre-install, install, and configuration of
the migration process
from 7.x - 8.0. I have a production system that runs critical apps and I
can't afford to make a mistake in OS upgrade. Here is my configuration :
/dev/hda1 / ext2
/dev/hda2 /boot ext2
/dev/hda3 /user ext2
/dev/hdb1 /home ext2
/dev/hdb2 swap swap
So if you have information on how to move to 8.0 without any loss of data
with the above configuration, Please send them my way.............

Thanks in advance
~mn

< Previous Next >