How to retain KDE3 desktop settings for root user?
  • From: Alex Daniloff <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:41:21 -0700
Hello Linux folkz,
Yesterday I've gotten new SuSE8.0 box and immediately made clean
install on one of my boxes.
So far everything is working great, but looks like KDE3 configuration
for root account has some kind of bug or configuration flaws.
When I change KDE3 desktop and panel settings as a root user,
everything falls back to default settings upon my next login in root
account.
I've tried to configure /root/.kde/share/config/kdedesktoprc manually,
but upon next login the effect was the same.
My changes somehow were overwritten to default values.
What should I do to retain my settings?
By the way, is this right that user account directory with KDE3
configuration files named .kde but not .kde3 what seems to be more
logical?
Could somebody help me please to resolve this issue.
Many thanks in advance.

Alex