Re: [SLE] OpenOffice.org and SuSE
  • From: David Herman <ob1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:23:04 -0700
On Tuesday 30 April 2002 03:44 am, Joe Sullivan wrote:

> Forgetting Star Office exists and focusing on OpenOffice or a free
> distribution of it like SOT.

I kept seeing references to SOT and went to check out their website. I
thought I might try the download but as I read the info I started to
wonder what benefit they will have over Star Office 6 (once it is
released.)

SOT will let you have the 50mb or so download for free but suggest that
you apply a 27mb patch (available only to annual subscribers) before
you actually use it. I'm not against for pay applications, I just don't
see whats free about a $50.00 subscription.

If I'm not midstaken Star Office as provided by Sun has included hard
copy manuals in the past, one of the reasons I purchase a linux dist is
the quality (and usefulness) of the manuals.

that'll be .02 cents

--
dh

< Previous Next >