Re: [SLE] OpenOffice.org and SuSE
  • From: Joe Sullivan <flamester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:44:25 +0200
On Tuesday 30 April 2002 07:00, Roger Whittaker wrote:
> StarOffice 6.0 doesn't exist yet...

I guess that Mandrake's distributing 6.0 in their Pro edition doesn't help
with the confusion. Though I see Sun still only has a Beta page for it up on
their site.

Doesn't matter really. I'm *really* not wanting to see their pay-for-6.0
version in SuSE. After all, why add to the cost of SuSE (which including SO
6.0 would mean) if I don't want it?

Forgetting Star Office exists and focusing on OpenOffice or a free
distribution of it like SOT.

If I found myself having to pay more for a distro because Star Office 6 was
bundled with it, I'd quickly find a new distro.

Joe
The surgeon general has determined that
using Microsoft products may be hazardous
to your wallet. And your computer.