Re: [SLE] OpenOffice.org and SuSE
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:44:05 +0200
On Tuesday 30 April 2002 02:17, Geek Boi wrote:
> > Since 8.0 had OpenOffice, I'd suspect it'll come in 8.1 as well. No point
> > in taking out useful programs, right?
>
> Kinda like xine.......

xine as it was included in 7.3 was pretty much neutered. It couldn't view dvds
because of the DMCA. You would have to download the proper rpms, and you
could still do that. There are SuSE rpms for the latest, greatest version on
the net, on a site linked from xine.sourceforge.net.

And all the "non-DeCSS" functionality in xine is in several other programs
included, such as the konqueror file browser (using libmpeg it can be used to
view unencrypted mpegs, for instance). There's also xmovie and a number of
other programs.

And xine isn't your only program for watching DVDs. Lately, I've come to
prefer ogle, and VideoLan is a very interesting project with their
"netcasting".

Anders

< Previous Next >