Re: [SLE] problems with KVM switches.. losing mouse control on 8.0
On Saturday 15 April 2000 01:28 am, Jon San Juan wrote:
> I am using a multiple servers with a KVM switch and I find that I lose
> control of my mouse as I return back to the SUSE 8.0 KDE. Are any you
> experiencing the same thing. I have tried other mice and different KVM
> switches.
>
> -I am using a Belkin KVM switch with hot key functionality for changing
> monitors.
> -I am using PS/2 mice
>
> The only way I can stablize the mouse is if I return to YAST 2 and try to
> re-configure the mouse when it is a problem... Otherwise I have been
> rebooting to get the mouse stability.

This seems to be an *intermittant* problem for me, too. I usually just
ctrl-alt-Fx before I switch from my linux box, and alt-F7 when I switch
back., and everything is fine. This problem also existed with 7.2, depending
on which machine I happened to be switching to, and what it was running.
Switching to and from Win98 is *usually* not a problem. I am not using a
Belkin, just a cheesemaster generic KVM switch. Sorry I'm not more help.
Tom
--
TRBishop
tb64710@xxxxxxxxxx