Installing Wordperfect 8 with SuSE 8?
  • From: Patrick <tracerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:28:02 -0400
Well, yes, I do have a question or complaint with SuSE 8! I can't seem
to get my WordPerfect 8 to install now. Anyone got any clues? Is it
that it is just completely incompatible with KDE3 or missing the libs
it needs again like it was back in 7.2? I guess it is time to start
moving away from WP since it is no longer supported by Corel, but I
really don't see a word processor with the same features yet. Open
Office just wigs out on me (v641d) and SO5.2 is just too bloated to
use. Plus can you create text boxes on the page, use templates for
labels, etc., easily print out a envelope? Things WP8 does easily, the
others seem to struggle.

Patrick
--
--- KMail v1.4 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.0 ---
Registered Linux User #225206