Re: [SLE] SuSE causes Win2K to lockup on dual boot system
  • From: Patrick <tracerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:31:42 -0400
On Saturday 27 April 2002 15:09, MNaser wrote:
> Just a wild shot, I have used laptops for a long time and I found the
> power management sometimes
> it gets in the way? I would start by checking that first, I have seen
> cases where you have to remove and re-install it in order to get
> things back to norm.

Linux experts, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it bad to use Windoze
disk tools on a dual boot machine? Especially Windoze disk tools as it
tends to corrupt or destroy the MBR or Linux partition? I guess if
they are on seperate drives there is no harm, but if both OS's are
contained on the same hard drive, isn't there danger there?

Patrick
--
--- KMail v1.4 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.0 ---
Registered Linux User #225206