Re: [SLE] 7.2 -> 8 update problem
  • From: Joshua Lee <yid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:01:54 -0400
On Friday 26 April 2002 06:20 am, Nick Selby wrote:
> I guess the best thing to do is go out and buy another hard drive for my
> machine, snap it in, install 8 clean, copy over my old /etc/ directory and

The layout of the /etc directory is one of the things that changed between
7.x and 8.0 because of an increased LSB complience, the /etc/rc.config
concept has been dropped in favor of several files placed in /etc/sysconfig
(I think that's the directory's name.) This is probably why they dropped
Yast1, the new configuration file format would have needed a rewrite of much
of the program. So I wouldn't reccomend copying over the /etc/ directory...
--
Support your local police force -- steal!!