RE: [SLE] localhost problem
  • From: "Michael Garabedian" <mikejr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:51:00 -0400
Do an ifconfig and make sire lo is defined in there.
Just because rc says it is starting it , does not mean it is.

The ifconfig command will let you check to see what is defined, and if
you check the man pages on ifconfig you can see where you can add a
network interface...

Also check your boot files to make sure it is defined in there as well.
I believe one of the boot files in /etc sets that up....or maybe it is
rc.config,
Well one of those will have stuff about loopback setup...find out the
contents of that and post it.