Question from non-SuSE user
  • From: Charles Griffin <cng3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:10:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I have been trying out several distributions
(including SuSE 7.3) and have a question about SuSE
8.0.

Recently, I tried out Mandrake and that distro has an
update feature that allows you to connect to the
Mandrake "Cooker" to download and install new versions
of various RPMs. I can also install rpms that I have
not previously installed from these ftp sites and the
program will resolve any dependencies and either ask
me for my installation disks or, I belive, download
the necessary dependencies.

Does SuSE's YaST support a similar type of update
feature? I tried 7.3 in the past and I cannot
remember how YaST worked. Is it pretty painless or do
you have download updated rpm's and resolve
dependencies manually?

Thanks for your time.
Charles