Re: [SLE] Machine locks up when starting KDE
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:17:53 +0200
On Thursday 25 April 2002 17:35, Cleary_Mike@xxxxxxx wrote:
> XF86Config correctly lists the resolutions (including
> 1600x1200), and also has the correct horizontal sync
> and vertical refresh. It just will not use the
> 1600x1200 (even though I place it as the default).

What does the Screen section of your XF86Config look like? Is "1600x1200"
really first on the line of the "Display" subsection that has the depth
listed as DefaultDepth?

Also check /var/log/XFree86.0.log. Usually, that has good messages describing
why the default resolution wasn't used.

> Maybe the problem is w/ the nvidia drivers. I remember
> on the list some time ago someone had this problem which
> was solved by installing the drivers via tar.gz, which I
> did. Oh well....

I seriously doubt it, but anything's possible. I'm running at 1600x1200 with
the Nvidia drivers (from rpm, tgz or self compiled, doesn't really matter)

Anders