8 install Dell laptop
  • From: "epulse" <fgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:16:55 +0100
Hi,

Installing 8 on dell I 7000 - I get as far as loading pcmcia modules ok then
everything stalls with the following error message:

hdc: ATAPI reset complete.
end_request: I/O error dev 16:00 ( hdc ) sector 169296

hdc IRQ timeout : status 0xd0 { Busy }

I initially thought it was a disc problem and used a different Disc One
supplied by linux emporium ) but am getting the same problem.

Has by cd-drive chosen this moment to pack in by coincidence or is this an
installation issue in which case any suggestions most welcome.

Cheers

Francesco

  • No further messages