Re: [SLE] Polish That Disk
  • From: Matthew Johnson <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:14:46 -0700
On Wednesday 24 April 2002 20:51, Anon. Coward wrote:
> .
> "Black holes that only suck up the light", as the songwriter said.
> "Sucks all the oxygen out of the room", is what I say. I've seen the
> bullies work.
>
> d00d I am not here to convince you. I provided the key, for the sole
> purpose of others' benefit, and to resolve complex and disturbing problems,
> for those who are willing to do just a little work.

Great, a l33t...This problem does not seem so complex, it either exists as you
have said, or it does not.

> This is indeed one of them thar "new-fangled ide-rs", so I expected flak
> from the few regressive pricks here.

Did a search and found more naughty sites than you can shake a stick at. Not
one talked about what you're saying. In fact here is one of the nearest hits:

http://www.qnx.com/products/ps_ide/

http://www.tdk.com/tecpress/velocd12x.html

http://search.seagate.com

> Alot of us just don't care about reflexive nay-sayers who won't get off
> their lazy butts.

You're the one who is making outlandish claims without backing it up and FYI I
did do some research and found zilch. Again, you are weakening your position
by attacking the arguer, not the argument. If you bring forth some
information and fail to back it up, its not up to us to find it. It is indeed
up to you to produce it. Its amazing how many flames I have avoided and
arguments settled just by included a couple of links or so to the source of
the information.

> I tell you what. Prove to us that this function does NOT exist on Maxtor,
> WD, Seagate, etc. If you can't you nay-sayers SUCK.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. The original argument is based
on your claim that you have yet to prove. How can one prove that it does not
exist there without it even existing? You need to prove that its there
again...You found it before and you should be able to find it again.

> Michael Nelson,
> Ben Rosenberg,
> SuSEnixER,
> Jerry Van Brimmer
> I haven't heard from you yet.

They are not going to waste their time on you until you prove your point to
them (and to others).

Are you talking about "Pixie Dust" here?

Matt
PS This is Off-Topic, please prove your point so we can get back to SuSE Linux
discussions. If not then I will have to file it under "unproven theory".