RE: [SLE] Re: Pine and ssh
Patrick Nelson wrote:
----------------->>>>
S.Toms
Pine supports both ssh and rsh to access mail on a remote machine. If
your inbox-path is on a remote machine, then you can simply make pine
connect using ssh within pine's .pinerc file.
Look for the following lines:
inbox-path
ssh-command
ssh-path
ssh-open-timeout

the comments within .pinerc will assit in their correct configuration.

I looked for this once, but gave up and just made Mail a symlink to
where I wanted it to be. Sorry couldn't be more helpful on this question.

It wasn't for a specific mailbox that I would use it was for getting root
messages that I leave on the systems (which forces me to login and check
systems). Anyway I found the -t option of ssh, so I can do:

ssh MeSystem -t pine

and this works. Actually I want to change the ~/Mail dir to ~/.pinemail so
I can hide it. Just sick of looking at it and seeing I never go into it,
except while using pine, I just want it out of the way. Me so Anal! Mutt
allows me to change the dir so I may start using it, instead.

  • No further messages