Re: [SLE] Trustworthiness of SuSE U.S. to ship packages?
  • From: Michael Hasenstein <mha@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:39:41 -0700
JW wrote:

Hello,

Doubtless some of you will not appreciate me saying this, go ahead an cat $FLAMES | /dev/null because I'll ignore them.

We have a new server comming that's going to be here before 8.0 ships.
It's very important to me to hae 8.0 on it because of the newer kernel.

Every day that we have to wait for 8.0 to get here costs us, so I want to pre order 8.0, BUT,
I clearly remember complaints on this list from people who pre-ordered 7.3 from SuSE and did not receive their shipments until long after 7.3 was available in stores.

So what I want to know is, were those complains just from an unfortunate few who happened to receive bad treatment, or is SuSE that lousy about shipments?

If most people get their orders ASAP I'm pre-ordering it from SuSE today, but there's no way I can wait a month.

If you call us here in Oakland at 510 628 3380 and order a faster shipment option (than UPS Ground, which is the default) like FedEx next-day you'll have it the next day. The FedEx guy comes to pick up packages every day (same with UPS, we do the basic shipping with UPS and the "advanced" methods with FedEx, a question of who's cheaper for what).

Of course, if you call too late (FedEx/UPS already through) it'll take one more day.

Michael