Re: [SLE] Wrong major or minor number
  • From: Oliver Ob <ob_ok@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:19:02 +0200
Jerry Feldman schrieb:

> The only things I can think of at the moment:
> 1. Somehow the device number got changed:
> 3. Somehow your partition table was altered.
yes. the entire part. table is wiped and gone!
i have one or two physical bugs on that hd.
but i need my data on the partitions (which are yet there) back.

> First, how are you booting? Is SuSE on another drive or partition?
it was, on hda2
i now boot from cd since the whole part table is gone.

> Usually, when I suspect partition corruption, the first thing I do is to
I ran gpart and afterwards fdisk to edit the partitions to what
gpart gave me. but i cannot mount them. thats why i opened
this thread. it says "see topic"

> If the partitioner is able to see those partitions and they are labeled
> correctly then you should be able to mount them:
> as root: mount -t ms-dos /dev/hda1 /mnt
> or mount /dev/hda2 /mnt
>
> On my system I have had my primary master go to sleep (as the result of a
> failing power supply).
that was the reason why i came across the two bugs on the hd
which caused all this trouble.

keep my learning!

--
I http://www.bmw-roadster.de/Friends/Olli/olli.html I