Re: Pine and ssh
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:53:56 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Patrick Nelson wrote:

pn> SuSE 71 (with latest updates)
pn>
pn> I use ssh to run commands on remotes systems and while this works great for
pn> my X apps, the pine app doesn't support this. When I run a command line ssh
pn> <system> pine it responds that you can not redirect output to a file. While
pn> that is not what I'm doing, I can not seem to find out how to tell it that
pn> I'm redirecting output to another terminal. Anyone give any insight into a
pn> possible solution?
pn>

Pine supports both ssh and rsh to access mail on a remote machine. If
your inbox-path is on a remote machine, then you can simply make pine
connect using ssh within pine's .pinerc file.
Look for the following lines:
inbox-path
ssh-command
ssh-path
ssh-open-timeout

the comments within .pinerc will assit in their correct configuration.

pn> While were all on pine... anyone know of a way to change the default mail
pn> dir of ~/Mail to something else?
pn>

I looked for this once, but gave up and just made Mail a symlink to
where I wanted it to be. Sorry couldn't be more helpful on this question.

pn>

--

S.Toms - smotrs at mindspring.com - www.mindspring.com/~smotrs
SuSE Linux v7.3+ - Kernel 2.4.10-4GB