hfsutils/KDE error.
  • From: Brian Durant <durant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:44:02 +0700
I am trying to access an HFS formated Zip drive at /dev/sda4. I invoked
"hmount /dev/sda4" from root, exited the console, and clicked on the Zip
drive icon on my KDE 2.2.1 desktop. The following error popped up:

"Could not mount device. The reported error was:
mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified."

What am I doing wrong and how can I get HFS formatted Zip drives to mount
automagically on my desktop the same way I can with DOS/Win formatted Zip
drives? I am using SuSE 7.3 Pro.

Cheers,

Brian