Re: [SLE] SuSE 7.2 and 40Gb HD
  • From: Alfredo Cole <alfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:51:36 -0600

El Vie 19 Abr 2002 17:19, escribiste:
> On Saturday 20 April 2002 00:44, Alfredo Cole wrote:
> > Hi:
(...)
> L01 is an error that usually indicates wrong disk geometry settings
> in lilo. When you boot into linux using the CD, edit /etc/lilo.conf
> and look for a line with either "linear" or "lba32" on it. I'm
> guessing you have "lba32". Try changing that to read "linear", then
> run /sbin/lilo and try rebooting.
>
> For more information on the lilo error codes, run "gv
> /usr/share/doc/packages/lilo/user.ps.gz". On page 44 is a list of
> the possible errors that can occur and what they mean.
>
> Anders

This was interesting. I'm still baffled, though, by the fact that LM
8.1 loads correctly. It won't recognize my sound card, and SuSE will,
so I have to go with SuSE (plus that's what I use in my notebook).

Thank you.

- --
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com (Accounting Systems)
http://www.clshonduras.com (Linux Hardware)
PGP Key available from certserver.pgp.com

< Previous Next >