what can happen if we don't have a firewall
  • From: steve <fsanta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:39:22 +0200
Hi everyone.

We are a small international school with 22 computers on a lan with 7.3,
samba, squid and a fast adsl internet connection. We cannot get SuSE
firewall2 to let anything happen at all. It blocks everything. Everything
works perfectly without the firewall. We have to make a decision soon as to
the amount of time spent trying to get the firewall working (thanks to the
patience of all on a related thread on this list) and whether we need it or
not.

What will happen if we don't have it?

Thanks, Steve.

< Previous Next >