Re: [SLE] suse-kde@xxxxxxxx ?
  • From: gilson redrick <gilsonr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 07:19:24 -0400
Hi, one and all:

As usual, the candidate I vote for doesn't get elected; the last one was
Gore, the next is "suse-linux-e". I know very well my vote is useless, but
that shouldn't prevent me from casting "no" to "suse-kde".
My "no" vote is purely for logical, practical reasons. Until now, with
one download I could be informed of all the questions relating to SuSE
distros; from now on, I have to track *two* downloads.
Also, problems relating to suse-kde are--for the most part--not really
separable from suse per-se (those which are then should be not in a SuSE list
at all, but in the "real" KDE list). Thus, if I have a problem relating to
the KDE in my SuSE--and I do!--and of course I don't know if the problem lies
with KDE **or** SuSE's application of it, to be sure of getting an answer, I
have to post the same question on the two lists (SuSE's KDE isn't *exactly*
the same as RH's or Mandrake's; they may be siblings, but no identical twins.
And that is true of GNOME and everything else. )
I may be wrong--and until proven so, I'm right...--but separating the two
because "there's too much traffic" will only **increase** it, as many people
will be posting the same question on two lists; more work for everybody.
Thanks for listening.
gr, in /usually/ sunny, balmy Florida Gulf coast.

< Previous Next >