RE: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: "John W Higgins" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:15:39 -0700
Derek,

SuSE is not at fault here - remember this is like taking Linux and trying to
run a WinModem on it - it may or may not work - but it's not the fault of
Linux in any way. nVIDIA refuses to play by the same rules as every other
graphics card company does - either leave it alone and give out specs so
other developers can build or open the source and let others assist them.
SuSE would be more then happy, along with every other Linux distro out
there, to make the cards work as well as any other card - problem is nVIDIA
isn't - and that's sorta the end of the line with what anyone outside nVIDIA
can do.

John W Higgins
john@xxxxxxxxxxx

P.S. It is amazing to see that the complaint level is so much higher for
nVIDIA graphics card then WinModems. Maybe if they were called winVIDIA
graphics cards people wouldn't assume they would work. That wasn't directed
at you Derek, just a random thought that came to mind :)