Re: [SLE] Best graphics card?
  • From: Patrick <tracerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 23:15:38 -0400
On Tuesday 16 April 2002 07:06 pm, Mark Doucette, commented about:
> I have a chance to pick up a used Radeon 7200 from a friend. I did a
> little research on it and read that it wasn't good for First Person
> Shooter games such as UT and Quake 3 Arena. <causes very poor fps or
> something like that> Could you perhaps verify or dispell this for me?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 08:52, Patrick wrote:
> My choice has been ATI since
>=========================
Mark,
Sorry, I can't say about those games as I am not a big 3d gamer. I get
very good results with included 3d games from SuSE, like Tux racer &
TuxKart, etc, so I don't see why UT or Quake should be any different.
It is not the best setup for 3d I am sure, but I have no complaints
thus far in that area. I get good results from Gears, although that is
not a real good test of 3d I understand. Good Luck on your Quest!

Patrick
--
---KMail 1.3.2--- SuSE Linux v7.3 Pro---
Registered Linux User #225206

< Previous Next >