directory 'browsing' in an FTP server
  • From: Eric Carbone <ERIC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:42:45 -0400
Boys and Girls,

If you check out ftp://ftp.apple.com <ftp://ftp.apple.com/> or
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com <ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/> using your WEB BROWSER,
you will see that files and folders on the ftp server are represented as
"links".

In Micro$oft's IIS I believe this feature is called "Directory Browsing"

If I have an FTP Server running on my Linux box, the how do I go about doing
this same thing?

Is it a function of the FTP Server software itself or is this something I
configure in Apache?

Thanks.

Eric Carbone

  • No further messages