RE: [SLE] Configuring DB2 access
  • From: "Michael Garabedian" <mikejr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:32:51 -0400
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DB2-HOWTO/
http://www-4.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/docu
ment.d2w/report?fn=db2v7i4db2i426.htm
http://plutonium.cs.umanitoba.ca/DB2Docs/db2help/index.htm#top

Hope this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Cordell [mailto:roncordell@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 10:19 AM
To: jhoare@xxxxxxxxxxx; suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLE] Configuring DB2 access

Hi Jeff,

I am in the same boat as you - I have plenty of Oracle experience on
Linux
and Solaris, but I have recently had to use DB2, and have really run
into
roadblocks into finding any useful docs about getting this beast to work
on
Linux (or any other platform). I suppose that I have been spoiled by
Oracle's
excellent books that get a person up to speed quickly with the database.

In the case of IBM DB2, there are the IBM Redbooks available on the IBM
site;
but you'll find that you really have to struggle to get through them
just to
understand what is going on. I haven't gotten that far, yet. Everything
find that is a book about DB2 is geared towards certification, not
towards
getting something up and running for development.

To make a long story short, I can't point you anywhere but the IBM
Redbooks
available online at ibm.com. If you find anything, please let me know.

Good luck,

-ronc