Re: [SLE] Upgrade
  • From: Nick Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:59:49 +0200
Thanks to everyone who replied; I will give it a shot as soon as I can find the time and courage!!!

Nick

At 09:00 AM 4/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:04:01PM +0200, Nick Selby wrote:
> Okay. So here's the stupid question:
>
> WHICH configuration files should I be backing up?

Any file that you have customized or changed. Common things would be
/etc/hosts
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/samba/smb.conf
/etc/exports
/etc/inetd.conf
~/.bashrc and other dot files

If you haven't done a lot of tweaking, you should be OK. Any files that
are changed during the upgrade should be backed up as <file>.rpmsave.

The most important thing is to back up your data, the other stuff can be
recreated with a small amount of effort if necessary.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MSCE, N+