Re: [SLE] Upgrade
  • From: Nick Selby <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:04:01 +0200
At 07:47 AM 4/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> Will my current
> configuration stay relatively safe and unharmed? Or am I expecting too much?

Yes, you can do an upgrade relatively safe and unharmed. You might have
to tweak a few config files when it's done, but it will work. On the
other hand, there are some nice new features in the 7.3 installed,
probably more new ones in the 8.0 installer that usually make it worth
doing a clean install instead of an upgrade.

If you can, I'd recommend backing up your data and configuration files
and doing a clean install.

Hmmm. Thanks for that. Sounds as if I can go ahead and ask 7.3 to hook me up.

Okay. So here's the stupid question:

WHICH configuration files should I be backing up?

TIA,
nick

Best Regards,
Keith