Re: [SLE] Best SuSE version for laptop?
  • From: Tim Prince <tprince@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:56:26 -0700
On Saturday 13 April 2002 17:48, Dominic Maraglia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two laptops on which I run SuSE -- an IBM Thinkpad T20 and a Toshiba
> Tecra 520CDT.
>
> The IBM is a p3 700, 256Mb RAM, + 12Gb disk. I had been running SuSE
> 7.2Pro on it for sometime -- I recently upgraded to 7.3 Pro and, it is me,
> or is 7.3 noticably slower than 7.2?
I installed SuSE7.3 personal over rh7.2 on a T20, same specs, no complaints.
IIRC it defaulted to 33Mhz bus; easily changed, but SuSE doesn't need nearly
as much configuration for performance as rh6.2 required. RealPlayer takes
anywhere from 5 to 40 seconds to start up, but that's an exception, and SuSE
is always faster than Windows, as well as giving more control over viruses.

--
Tim Prince