Re: [SLE] Windows XP & SuSE 8.0
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:37:13 -0700
A co-worker of mine bought a Dell w/ XP on it. He also bought Partition
Magic (whatever the new version # is that supports XP) and he just
resized the XP partition and installed SuSE on the rest of the drive.
He's used it for about 3 months now and it works fine. I don't know of
any other partitioning tool that works to resize XP other then Partition
Magic. I would check out PM to see what the cost is.

* Ronald Wiplinger (ronald@xxxxxxxxx) [020413 11:34]:
::I cannot get a clear picture of the description of Windows XP and SuSE
::8.0 on the same machine.
::
::I want to buy a new notebook, which has Windows XP installed, and I want
::to setup SuSE 8.0 parallel to it.
::Since XP is pre-installed, I have no idea if it fits together or not.
::
::Can anybody give me a hint?
::
::
::bye
::
::Ronald
::
::
::Ronald Wiplinger (ÃQ¤¯¯Ç), CEO, ELMIT - THE Internet Solution Provider
::Tel. +886 2 8809-7680, Fax. +886 2 2809-9158, Mobile: +886 915 653-452
::Net2Phone:8869550066, ICQ: 111651169
::http://www.elmit.com http://www.wiplinger.org

-=Ben

mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
--=====--
"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around the more I
think it might not be a bad thing." -GC