Re: [SLE] Re: Corel Wordperfect 2000 for Linux
  • From: Tor Sigurdsson <tosi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:07:41 +0000

Alfredo Cole (föstudagur 12. apríl 2002 21:54)
> El Vie 12 Abr 2002 14:03, escribiste:
> > Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Word Perfect
> > for Linux was compiled for Linux using the Wine API Libraries. Star
> > Office is (or was) ported that way also.
>
> WP8 is a Linux native application using Motif. Star Office is also.
> As a matter of fact, the first versions of SO were Linux-only until
> Sun took it over.

I don't know from what storybooks you get your facts, but I can assure
you that you are just plain wrong.

Corel WordPerfect 8 for Linux *IS NOT* a Motif program. If the looks don't
convince ( you never have seen a Motif program look so "sleek" ) then you can
do a find on the application tree, and search for "[w,W][i,I][n,N][e,E]",
which should prove successful if I recall correctly.

StarOffice was in version 5.1 available for both Windows and Linux. It is
neither a wine application, nor a Motif application unless wine would be
somehow hidden and linked into the binaries, which I wouldn't believe.
StarOffice *USED* to be a Motif application back in the 3.x days while
available for Linux AND other Unix OS's, but SUN didn't take it over until in
early version 5.2, so they had nothing to do with the Windows port.

- --
This mail is sent using KMail and Linux.
Thus it is 100% guaranteed virus free.