Firewall + Webserver + FTP
  • From: Luis Magaña <joe666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:23:14 -0500
Hi,

I'm new to this list so I hope this is the right place to ask this:

I have a Small Bussiness Networks composed of 10 computers, 3 of them with SuSE Linux 7.3. One of this computers is running as firewall with SuSEFirewall2, as DNS server with BIND and 2 network cards. The other runs apache and the third one with linux runs ProFTPD.

Both of the computers running Apache and Proftpd have no-real IP numbers and are masquerade for internet access.

Here my problem, it is possible to redirect all the requests at port 80 of the firewall machine to the internal apache machine so I can have a webserver running on the internet ?, if that is possible, is SuseFirewall the right tool for the job ? and finally and most important: How can I achieve that ??.

The firewall machine has of course a NIC with a real Internet IP and other with an internal network IP.

Thank you for any help, suggestion, URL or advice you may provide.

Best Regards.

--
Ing. Luis Magaña
Gnovus Networks & Software