RE: [SLE] Problems...
  • From: Dunphy Richard-rdunph01 <Rik.Dunphy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:01:19 +0100
<snip>
> VERY well could be the problem! In any case, replace it.

Actually it's almost working now.... Maybe the missing bit is simply a ground connection?!

I found a copy of Redmond Linux which installed no problems. This allowed me to boot the harddrive and install win98. This is now working flawlessly!!

I still can't boot any SuSE disc (CD, DVD or Floppy). When I boot the CD or DVD it just hangs. With the Floppy I get the following error straight away before any boot prompt:
SYSLINUX 1.62 0x3baa5073 Boot Failed

Any Ideas?

TIA
RikD