Re: Tripwire
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:36:55 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, LTG wrote:

l> Hi all,
l>
l> I use SuSE7.2 right now. I want to install tripwire in this box. Where
l> can I get SuSE tripwire package? I can get from
l> www.tripwiresecurity.com Tripwire-1.3.1-1.tar.gz. But it was tested
l> with RedHat6.0 only.
l>

You can get it within the (sec) series on either the CD's, DVD or FTP
site. The config file sample is contained within the /usr/share/doc
location. It's been modified from the original from what I can remember of
the package I downloaded from tripwire back then.
Oh, and it's an older version, 1.2 whereas on the tripwire site you can
get an eval version of 2.4.2 and the sourceforge site 2.3.1, so, depending
on what your looking for, current or suse compiled. That's what's
available at this time.
Whether you get a current release or the SuSE package, either is going
to require editing in the end (in my opinion).

l> Thanks in advance
l>
l> Regards,
l>