Re: [SLE] tar info needed
  • From: Alfredo Cole <alfredo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:38:43 -0600

El Jue 11 Abr 2002 13:12, escribiste:
> I need information as to how I can produce a tar.gz archive of my
> home directory, with all files and subdirectories set out so that I
> can unpack the archive in case I need to replace the /home
> directory, etc.
>
> I looked in the Howtos, and found no help. The manual pages are
> inadequate and therefore unhelpful as well.
>
> thanks
>
> dj tuchler

Midnight Commander wil do it for you. Position it inside your home
directory and press F2. Select option 3 Make a release of the current
subdirectory (tar.gz), and that's it.

Regards.
- --
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com (Accounting Systems)
http://www.clshonduras.com (Linux Hardware)
PGP Key available from certserver.pgp.com