Sound and DMA on MSI K7D Master
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:57:49 +0200
Hi,

I recently upgraded my machine to a dual Athlon on an MSI K7D Master
motherboard. It works nice, but I have two problems with it.

Running the 2.4.16-SMP kernel from the 7.3 update directory, I don't seem to
get DMA on the harddrive. It works on the DVD. Is there a known problem with
DMA on SMP in 2.4.16?

Also, the motherboard has a builtin sound card that I'd like to get running.
It's labeled simply as AC97. Is there a generic AC97 (that's DirectSound,
isn't it?) driver? I can't seem to find one in the sound card setup.

TIA
Anders

  • No further messages